You may have come across the Amazon.com website at some point when you were searching for the best bargain or to buy something online that you couldn’t find locally.
You chose to test and purchase the item after finding it to be just what you were looking for.
But ultimately probably ran into one of the following issues:
- The product could not be shipped to Kenya,
- The shipping fee to Kenya was outrageously high or,
- The product was delivered to Kenya but you had to deal with customs. 😐
If you’ve ever had any of these issues, you’ve come to the perfect place.
I’ll demonstrate how to easily shop on Amazon and ship to Kenya in this blog article.
But first, here are some intriguing facts about Amazon.com that you might find interesting.
A little about Amazon.com
The biggest online retailer in the world, Amazon, offers millions of items that you may order and have shipped to Kenya.
Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the United States are the 17 countries where Amazon is currently active.
It was established in 1994 by Jeff Bezos, who, according to Forbes Magazine, was the richest man in the world as of January 2020.
Why shop on Amazon.com and Ship to Kenya?
Kenyan shoppers shop on Amazon for a mix of reasons, including great customer service, affordable rates, quick shipping, and a large assortment, to name a few.
There is pretty much something for everyone on Amazon, whether you want to buy books, computers, electronics, clothes, or automobile parts.
If you wish to shop and ship from Amazon USA to Kenya with Vitu Za Majuu.com, I will focus on Amazon.com, which is situated in the US.
If you want to shop and ship from Amazon UK to Kenya with Vitu Za Majuu.com, I will discuss doing so in a future post. Amazon.co.uk is headquartered in the UK.
You must do the procedures outlined below in order to start shopping on Amazon.com and have your purchases shipped to Kenya.
This will make the process simple and straightforward for you.
1. Create an account with Amazon.com
Log on to www.amazon.com on your browser or google search “Amazon“.
Hover to the top right corner of the Amazon.com website, Hello, Sign In Accounts & Lists, and click on New customer? Start here.
You will be required to enter:
- *your name
- *email address and;
- *desired password for your account.
Tip: Opening an account first helps you save items in your shopping cart for future access in the event you’re not buying immediately. (window shopping)
2. Scroll through the product category or search product via the search box
The next step is to find your desired item that you would like to buy.
You can do this by either browsing through the product categories on the left or typing the item/product name on the search box.
For example, if you are looking to buy an iPhone 6, you will browse through the Electronics > Cellphones & Accessories category or simply search “iPhone 6 ” on the search box.
3. Use product filters to find your desired product match
Searching for your desired product through the product category or the search box can quickly become an overwhelming task, not to mention time consuming, as you will be presented with so many products or results.
We recommend using the product filter options to narrow down your search in order to find the best match. You can filter by brand, price, item condition, colour or product specifications.
4. Select your desired product
Find the product from the filtered product results that meets your desired specifications.
5. Read through the product listing description, customer reviews and seller feedback/rating.
It’s always a good idea to read through the product listing description provided by the seller to check if it meets your specifications/requirements and also to get general information about the product.
Pay attention to any special notes given by seller in the listing, if the product is new, used, package contents or any other relevant information that may be important to help you make a good decision on your purchase.
Be sure to check what other customers say about the product or their experience with the seller. A rating of 95% and above, demonstrates fairly good service by the seller.
6. Buy your desired product
If you are satisfied with the product reviews and all other relevant information provided by the seller, you can either proceed to Buy Now or Add to Cart the item.
If you have several items that you intended to buy, you can repeat steps above to continue shopping on Amazon.com and add the items to your shopping cart.
7. Enter your shipping address
Once you’re ready to place your order on Amazon.com, you will begin the checkout process where you will be required to enter your shipping address, that is, where you would like your package to delivered.
To ship to Kenya, you can either use:
- Amazon.com courier services like free Amazon FBA standard shipping options, DHL, FedEx, EMS, UPS etc. to deliver to your Kenyan postal address or;
- Our Amazon.com package forwarding service, Vitu Za Majuu.com (best option)
Our Amazon package forwarding service gives you a US address that use to ship your packages from Amazon.com to Kenya.
Why do we recommend that you ship with us when you can have the package delivered directly to you via post?
Read on to see why delivery via post or other couriers may not be the best option.
8. Enter your payment details
Amazon.com accepts several payment modes; all the major credit/debit cards like Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Amazon Pay Code Western Union or Amazon Gift Card.
Here’s a good article I found online on how you can shop from Amazon and pay via Western Union from the Western Union website.
Most Kenyan issued prepaid or bank ATM debit cards from your local bank like Visa, Mastercard will work.
We have an article on the best prepaid cards that you can use to shop online on global shopping sites like Amazon in Kenya that you can read.
Amazon.com is a safe website to shop from, however, we do not recommend attaching your bank ATM Visa or MasterCard debit card instead do consider getting a prepaid Visa or Mastercard debit card.
See the photo below on how to correctly enter your debit card details or read how you can use prepaid card or bank ATM debit card to shop online.
9. Place your order
After you enter the required shipping and payment details, you will now be ready to place your order and make payment.
10. Order confirmation and delivery from Amazon.com
If your payment is successful, Amazon.com will confirm your order through a message on the screen and follow up email to your registered email address (the email address you used to open an account with).
Amazon will prepare your order to ship to Kenya.
The processing time will vary with the seller (yes, Amazon is a platform with multiple sellers who sell their goods online unless Amazon has warehoused some of them. Items shipped directly from Amazon warehouses will in most cases be indicated “fulfilled by Amazon or Prime“) but most of time, takes about 7 working days for them to post your package.
You can sign up for Amazon prime if you’d like to enjoy same-day, one–day or two-day delivery options within USA for your purchases on Amazon.com
Most sellers will also provide a tracking number for you to follow the journey of your package depending on the shipping option selected.
A notification too will be sent to your email account once shipped.
The same tracking information will also be available on your Amazon.com account.
Amazon may sometimes offer free shipping to Kenya or any address in the the world or expedited (fast shipping) via couriers like DHL or FedEx.
Delivery from Amazon.com directly to Kenya via local post with free shipping may take between 30 days to 60 days (one months to two months).
11. Shipping to Kenya from Amazon.com via Post or Courier (Not Recommended)
As I mentioned earlier, delivery by post or other couriers like DHL, FedEx may not be your best option. And here are the reasons why:
- Couriers like DHL or FedEx may deliver your package in 7 days or less but it will definitely be quite expensive. Small packages of less than a kilo can cost you from Kes. 3,500 ($30) upwards and not mention that the customs duties and taxes to be paid on arrival in Kenya.
- Delivery by post may sound like a good option at first since Amazon.com sometimes offers free shipping to Kenya but due to millions of parcels being handled by the post, it can be a slow process with likely chances of loss and not mention customs duties and taxes too.
We have customers who have shifted to using our service as they complained that it can take up to 2 months for Amazon to deliver to their post or in some events, never receiving their packages.
From Amazon.com to Kenya using Vitu Za Majuu.com delivers in under 1 month. Sometimes in as little as 2 weeks.
Read more on why we may be your best option below.
12. Shipping to Kenya from Amazon.com with Vitu Za Majuu.com (Recommended)
Here are some of the reasons to use Vitu Za Majuu.com to shop and ship from Amazon.com.
- Limited access or choice on what you can buy. Even if Amazon.com says that they ship to Kenya, this will not apply to most of the products on their website. Restrictions are still there.
- We can help you buy and ship from Amazon. If you do not know how to go about shop on AliExpress, we handle everything for you. See how it works here.
- Amazon.com ships fast to US address. From our experience, most packages are delivered within 1 – 2 days through their Amazon Prime program. This in turn helps us deliver to you faster. Otherwise, most Amazon packages will be delivered within 7 – 10 days to a USA address. Shipping from the USA to Kenya with Vitu Za Majuu.com takes about 2 weeks. This means that you will get your package within a month when you ship with us compared to two months if you ship directly to Kenya via post.
- We have friendly shipping rates. One of the best thing about shipping with us is that our rates are low and also inclusive of customs and taxes. That’s all you will pay to your doorstep in Kenya. No need to worry or stress about clearing with customs. We do that for you.
Takes from Amazon.com
Shopping on Amazon.com may be enjoyable, and many things are available at some of the greatest prices.
The Amazon Daily Deals section is one of my favorite aspects of Amazon shopping.
On any given day, you can’t miss a fantastic deal, and I should warn you that it may get extremely addictive!
Checking it out is absolutely worthwhile. View today’s Amazon’s Daily Deals.
In order to make it simple for you to explore their website and find the things you love, Amazon.com has literally millions of products accessible that are divided into the following major categories.
To begin shopping on Amazon, choose any of the categories listed below that we believe may be of interest to you.
I hope this article has helped you better understand how to shop on Amazon and ship to Kenya.
Feel free to post a comment below if you have any more thoughts or questions about this. Let’s interact.
Please share on WhatsApp or any other social media site you use with a friend or two.
See our next post on how to shop on eBay and ship to Kenya.