We discussed how to shop on Amazon in our earlier piece on how to shop and ship to Kenya from Amazon.com.
Similar to how Amazon works, eBay also offers international shipping to Kenya.
If you’ve ever tried to order something on eBay and had it shipped to Kenya, you’ve undoubtedly run across one of the following issues:
- The item could not be shipped by eBay to Kenya.
- The cost of sending goods to Kenya was high.
- You ordered something from eBay, and it was delivered to Kenya, but there were problems with the delivery and with customs at the post office.
- Or simply you didn’t know how to shop on eBay and ship to Kenya.
If you’ve ever had any of these issues, you’ve come to the perfect place.
I’ll demonstrate how to easily shop on eBay and ship to Kenya in this blog article.
Why Shop on eBay and Ship to Kenya?
Kenyan shoppers pick eBay for a range of things, including great customer service, affordable rates, a money-back guarantee, quick shipment, and a large assortment, to name a few.
You can rely on eBay to help you locate whatever you’re looking for, whether it’s sporting goods, musical instruments, books, computers, gadgets, clothing, or auto parts.
eBay has international presence, just like Amazon does. We’ll focus on the US-based eBay.com, which you may use to shop and ship to Kenya using Vitu Za Majuu.com.
Similar steps are taken when shopping and shipping from eBay.co.uk. If you wish to shop and send from eBay UK to Kenya through Vitu Za Majuu.com, it also is recommended.
Follow the instructions below to begin shopping on eBay and shipping your purchases to Kenya for a simple and hassle-free experience.
1. Create an account with eBay.com
Log on to www.ebay.com on your browser or google search “eBay“.
Hover to the top left corner of the eBay.com website, Hi! Sign in or Register, and click on Register.
You will be required to enter:
- *your name
- *email address and;
- *desired password for your account.
Furthermore, eBay offers additional ways to register for an account on their website by using social networks like Facebook, Gmail, and Apple ID, which is advantageous as it saves time (and memory as you do not have to remember many passwords for all your accounts).
Additionally, by creating an account, things you add to your shopping cart will be saved in your account for access in the future, just in case you decide not to buy them right away.
2. Scroll through the product category or search product via the search box
The next step is to locate the item you want to purchase.
You can do this by either using the product categories on the left or the search box to enter the item or product name.
3. Use product filters to find your desired product match
As you will be shown so many items or results, searching for your preferred product through the product category or the search box can soon turn into a time-consuming and intimidating activity.
To get the best match, we advise utilizing the product filter options to hone in on your search.
You can narrow your search results by brand, price, product characteristics, item condition, or color.
4. Select your desired product
From the filtered product results, choose the item that satisfies your requirements.
5. Read through the product listing description, customer reviews and seller feedback/rating.
It’s always a good idea to read the seller’s offered product listing description to see whether it satisfies your needs and to learn more about the product in general.
Pay attention to any particular instructions provided by the seller in the description, such as whether the product is new or used, the contents of the package, or any other pertinent information that may be necessary to assist you in making an informed decision.
Be sure to look up what other customers have to say about the product or the seller. A seller who provides fairly good service will have a rating of 95 percent or higher.
6. Buy your desired product
You have the option to either buy the item now or add it to your cart if the customer reviews and other pertinent information supplied by the seller satisfy you.
Repeat the previous steps to continue shopping on eBay.com and add more products to your shopping basket if you have multiple items you wanted to purchase.
7. Enter your shipping address
When you are prepared to order something from eBay.com, you will start the checkout procedure and input your delivery address, or the location where you want your goods delivered.
To ship to Kenya, you can either use:
- eBay.com courier services like DHL, FedEx, EMS, UPS etc. to deliver to your Kenyan postal address or;
- Our Amazon.com package forwarding service, Vitu Za Majuu.com (best option)
Our eBay package forwarding service gives you a US address that use to ship your packages from eBay.com to Kenya.
Why do we advise using us when you can have the package sent to you by post office directly?
Continue reading to find out why delivery via post office or other carriers might not be the best choice.
8. Enter your payment details
eBay accepts a variety of payment methods, including PayPal, eBay Gift Cards, major Visa, MasterCard, and American Express credit/debit cards.
Your local bank’s Visa and MasterCard debit cards, which are commonly issued in Kenya, will work.
If you’re unsure which card to use, see our article on the best prepaid cards that you can use to shop online on global shopping sites like eBay in Kenya, if you’re still unsure.
Although eBay is a secure website, we do not advise using your bank’s ATM Visa or MasterCard debit card. Instead, think about buying a prepaid Visa or MasterCard debit card or using PayPal.
Find out how to open a PayPal account in Kenya if you don’t already have one.
See the photo below on how to correctly enter your debit card details or read how you can use prepaid card or bank ATM debit card to shop online.
9. Place your order
After you enter the required shipping and payment details, you will now be ready to place your order and make payment.
10. Order confirmation and delivery from eBay.com
eBay.com will confirm your order if your payment is successful with a notification on the screen and a follow-up email to your registered email address (the email address you used to open an account with).
Your order will be ready for shipping to Kenya by eBay.
Although the processing time varies depending on the seller (yes, eBay is a platform with many sellers that sell their goods online), it typically takes them around 7 working days to post your package.
Some items on eBay come with the eBay Fast and Free option, which delivers shipments in two days to addresses in the USA.
Depending on the delivery option you choose, the majority of sellers will also give you a tracking number so you can trace the progress of your package.
Once shipped, a notification will also be sent to your email address.
Your eBay.com account will also have access to the same tracking data.
eBay occasionally may provide free shipping to any country in the globe, including Kenya, as well as expedited (quick) shipment via courier services like DHL or FedEx.
Free shipping from eBay.com to Kenya via the post office may take anywhere from 30 to 60 days (one months to two months).
11. Shipping to Kenya from Amazon.com via Post or Courier (Not Recommended)
Delivery via postal service or other carriers like DHL or FedEx may not be your best choice, as I previously said.
And these are the explanations:
- Your package may be delivered in seven days or less by couriers like DHL or FedEx, but the cost will undoubtedly be high. Small items weighing under a kilo can cost you up to Kes. 3,500 ($30), not to mention the taxes and customs fees that must be paid after arriving in Kenya.
- eBay frequently provides free shipping to Kenya, so delivery by post office could seem like a reasonable alternative at first, but because the post handles millions of packages, it can be a long procedure with a high likelihood of loss, not to mention customs charges.
Some of our clients switched to using our service after complaining that eBay could take up to two months to deliver to their post office or, in some cases, never deliver their products.
Vitu Za Majuu.com delivers packages from eBay.com to Kenya in under a month. Sometimes as soon as two weeks.
Continue reading to learn more about why choosing us might be your best move.
12. Shipping to Kenya from eBay.com with Vitu Za Majuu.com (Recommended)
Here are some of the reasons to use Vitu Za Majuu.com to shop and ship from eBay.
- Limited access to or selection of available goods. Even though eBay.com advertises that they ship to Kenya, the majority of the items on their website do not qualify. Restrictions still exist since some sellers choose not to ship to particular areas🤦♂️.
- We can facilitate your eBay purchases and shipping. If you have no idea how to shop on eBay, we can take care of everything. View the process here.
- eBay.com ships quickly to US addresses. Our experience has shown that through their eBay fast-and-free service, the majority of packages are delivered in 1 to 3 days. In turn, this speeds up the delivery process for you. Otherwise, most eBay packages will arrive at our USA warehouse in 7 to 10 days. With Vitu Za Majuu.com, shipping from the USA to Kenya takes around two weeks. This means that if you ship with us, you will receive your package within a month as opposed to two months if you ship via post to Kenya.
- We have friendly shipping rates. One of the best thing about shipping with us is that our rates are low and also inclusive of customs and taxes. That’s all you will pay to your doorstep in Kenya. No need to worry or stress about clearing with customs. We handle that for you.
Takes from eBay.com
You may find some of the finest discounts on a variety of things when you shop on eBay.
The eBay Daily Deals section is one of my favorite aspects of eBay shopping.
They offer daily great discounts on a variety of goods in the following categories: fashion, electronics, home & garden, sporting goods, cars, and sales events. (In my opinion, the best ones available on the internet)
On any given day, you can’t miss a fantastic deal, and I should warn you that it may get extremely addictive!
Checking it out is absolutely worthwhile. View today’s eBay Daily Deals.
As I’ve said before, eBay offers literally millions of products, all of which have been classified to make it simple for you to search the site and find the items you love.
To begin shopping on eBay, choose any of the categories listed below that we believe may be of interest to you.
I believe that this post has helped you try and understand how to shop on eBay and ship items to Kenya.
Have you ever ordered on eBay and had it shipped to Kenya? What did you think of it?
Let’s talk in the comments section below.
If you like this article, don’t forget to share it on WhatsApp with a friend or two or on any other social media site you use!
Create an eBay account right now.