If you are looking for the latest and affordable fashion in Kenya, Shein.com is the one of the best Chinese online clothing shops to consider.
SHEIN is a fun, ultra-affordable online shopping platform featuring styles for women, men, kids, curve, plus over 20,000+ styles including dresses, tops, swimwear, shoes and accessories.
Think of SHEIN as your one-stop destination for everything trendy. On SHEIN you can browse over 1000+ daily new arrivals, plus styling tips, livestreams, reviews and more to inspire you!
In this post, we will explore how can shop on SHEIN and ship to Kenya affordably with Vitu Za Majuu.com
To start shopping on SHEIN and subsequently ship to Kenya, you will need to following steps below for an easy and smooth experience.
1. Create an account with Shein.com
Log on to www.shein.com on your browser or google search “SHEIN“.
Hover to the top left corner of the Shein.com website, Hi! Sign in or Register, and click on Register.
You will be required to enter:
*email address and,
*desired password for your account.
You can also register by signing up through your social accounts like Facebook or Gmail accounts.
This is a good thing as it saves time and you don’t have to remember passwords for all accounts you have.
Tip: Opening an account first helps you save items in your shopping cart for future access in the event you’re not buying immediately. (window shopping)
Additionally, SHEIN may ask you to choose the type of marketing information based on the different style preferences available.
If you wish to received updates on the latest Women’s, Men’s, Plus Size, Kids, Pet Supplies and Home Décor trends, you can opt it to get updates on your email account.
2. Scroll through the product category or search product via the search box
The next step is to find your desired item that you would like to buy.
You can do this by either browsing through the product categories on the menu bar, Shop By Category or typing the item/product name on the search box.
For example, if you are looking to buy a dress, you will browse through the DRESSES category or simply search “dresses ” on the search box.
3. Use product filters to find your desired product match
Searching for your desired product through the product category or the search box can quickly become an overwhelming task, not to mention time consuming, as you will be presented with so many products or results.
We recommend using the product filter options to narrow down your search in order to find the best match based on present options.
You can filter by size, price, type, style, material, color or product specifications.
4. Select your desired product
Find the product from the filtered product results that meets your desired specifications.
5. Read through the product listing description, customer reviews and seller feedback/product rating
It’s always a good idea to read through the product listing description provided by the seller to check if it meets your specifications/requirements and also to get general information about the product.
Pay attention to any special notes given by SHEIN in the listing, if the product is new, used, package contents, size guide or any other relevant information that may be important to help you make a good decision on your purchase.
Be sure to check what other customers say about the product or their experience with the seller. A rating of 95% and above or 4 star rating, demonstrates fairly good product or service by the SHEIN.
6. Buy your desired product
Once you are satisfied with the product reviews and all other relevant information provided by the SHEIN, you can proceed to Add to Bag the item.
If you have several items that you intended to buy, you can repeat steps above to continue shopping on Shein.com and add more items to your shopping cart.
7. Enter your shipping address
Once you’re ready to place your order on Shein.com, you will begin the checkout process.
You will be required to enter your shipping address, that is, where you would like your package to delivered.
To ship to Kenya from SHEIN, you can either ship to:
- Our USA or UK address and use our package forwarding service, Vitu Za Majuu.com (best option)
- Your Kenyan postal or home address (only if the seller ships to Kenya)
With our package forwarding service, we provide you with your own USA or UK address that use to ship your packages from Shein.com to Kenya.
Why use Vitu Za Majuu.com package forward service instead of shipping directly to your postal or home address?
Read on to see why delivery via post may not be your best option. I will tell you why in a bit.
8. Enter your payment details
SHEIN accepts several payment modes from major credit/debit cards from Visa, MasterCard, American Express or PayPal.
Most Kenyan issued debit cards from your local bank like Visa, MasterCard will work.
If you wondering which card is the best to use, you can read our post on the best prepaid cards that you can use to shop online in Kenya.
SHEIN is a safe website to shop from, however, we do not recommend attaching your bank ATM Visa or MasterCard debit card.
Instead do consider getting a prepaid Visa or MasterCard debit card or using PayPal.
If you don’t have a PayPal account, learn how you can open a PayPal account in Kenya.
They have a money back guarantee in case you have a problem in the event you don’t receive the item, has damage or it’s not as described by SHEIN. See their refund and returns policy.
See the photo below on how to correctly enter your debit card details or read how you can use prepaid card or bank ATM debit card to shop online.
9. Place your order
After you enter the required shipping and payment details, you will now be ready to place order and make payment to SHEIN.
10. Order confirmation and delivery from SHEIN
If your payment is successful, SHEIN will confirm your order through a message on the screen and a copy to your registered email address. (the email address you used to open an account with).
SHEIN will prepare your order to ship to Kenya.
The processing time will vary with the size of your order and/or availability of the items ordered.
But most of time it takes about 1 – 3 working days for them to post your package as per their shipping policy.
SHEIN will also provide a tracking number for you to follow the journey of your package depending on the shipping option selected.
A notification is normally sent to your email account once shipped.
You can also check the same from your SHEIN account.
Shein.com may sometimes offer free shipping to Kenya or any address in the the world or expedited (fast shipping) via couriers like DHL or FedEx but this comes with a minimum purchase order of $129.
Delivery from SHEIN directly to Kenya via local post with free shipping may take between 20 days to 30 days.
11. Shipping to Kenya from SHEIN via Post or Courier (Not Recommended)
As I mentioned earlier, delivery by post or other couriers like DHL, FedEx may not be your best option.
And here are the reasons why:
- Couriers like DHL or FedEx may deliver your package in 7 days or less but it will definitely be quite expensive. Small packages of less than a kilo or orders below $129 (Kes 15,000) on Shein can cost you from Kes 3,500 ($30) upwards and not mention that the customs duties and taxes to be paid on arrival in Kenya. Shein offers free shipping to Kenya for orders over $129 ( KES 15,000)
- Delivery by post may sound like a good option at first since Shein offers free shipping to Kenya for orders over $129 ( KES 15,000) on some items but due to millions of parcels being handled by the post, it can be a slow process with chances of loss likely and not mention customs duties and taxes too.
12. Shipping to Kenya from SHEIN with Vitu Za Majuu.com (Recommended).
Here are some of the reasons why to use Vitu Za Majuu.com to ship from SHEIN to Kenya.
- Limited access or choice on what you can buy. Even if Shein says that they ship to Kenya, this will not apply to most of the products on their website. Shein will choose not to ship to certain regions so restrictions are still there.
- We can help you buy and ship from Shein to Kenya. That is if you do not know how to shop online or just want us to handle everything for you. You can read how we do it here.
- SHEIN ships faster to US, UK and Dubai addresses. From our experience, most packages are delivered within a week. This in turn helps us deliver to you faster. From the UK, we deliver within 2 weeks, US within 3 weeks and Dubai within 1 week. Meaning that you will get your package within a month when you ship with us compared to almost two months if you ship directly to Kenya via post.
- Friendly shipping rates. One of the best thing about shipping with us is our low rates which also include customs and taxes. That’s all you will pay to your doorstep. No need to worry or stress about clearing with customs. We do that for you
Takes from shopping on SHEIN
Shopping on Shein can be a good experience and you get to enjoy some of the best prices on many items. What I particularly like about shopping on Shein is their Sales section.
(The best ones across the internet, in my opinion)
You can’t miss a good bargain on any given day and let me warn you, it can be quite addictive!
It’s definitely worth checking it out. See the latest Sales Event.
As I conclude, SHEIN has literally millions of products available which they have categorized to make it easy for you to navigate the site and find the products that you love.
Go ahead and open an SHEIN account here.
I hope that this post has given you some insights on how can shop on SHEIN and ship to Kenya.
If you have any questions or additions to this, feel free to leave a comment below.
Have you shopped on SHEIN and shipped to Kenya before? What was your experience like? Leave a comment below and let’s talk.
Don’t forget to share this post on WhatsApp with a friend or two or any of the social platform you’re on, if you like it!